Citizen Watch Company is a Japanese company that manufactures and sells watches, clocks, and other jewelry. The company was founded in 1930 by Kamekichi Yamazaki and is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
Citizen Watch Company makes a wide variety of watches for both men and women, including dive watches. Some of the most popular Citizen dive watch models include the Promaster Aqualand, the ProMaster Professional Diver, and the Eco-Drive Aqualander. The timepieces are known for their durability, accuracy, and style.
And, Seiko is also a Japanese company that has been making dive watches for many years. Their watches are known for their quality and durability, and they are very popular with divers. There are many different models of Seiko dive watches, so it is easy to find one that meets your needs.
What Watch Brands Does Seiko Own?
Seiko owns several different watch brands, including Grand Seiko, Prospex, and Astron. Each of these brands has a unique focus, offering something different for customers to choose from. Seiko also owns a few other brands that are not as well known, such as Pulsar and Lorus. All of these brands together offer a wide range of options for anyone looking for a new watch.
A few of the most popular Seiko watch brands include:
- Grand Seiko: Grand Seiko is Seiko’s flagship brand and offers a range of luxury watches that are built with precision and quality in mind.
- Prospex: Prospex is Seiko’s sports watch brand and offers watches that are designed for outdoor activities.
- Astron: Astron is Seiko’s high-end watch brand and offers a range of watches that are built with precision and quality in mind.
- Pulsar: Pulsar is Seiko’s budget-friendly watch brand and offers a variety of different styles of watches.
- Lorus: Lorus is Seiko’s entry-level watch brand and offers a variety of different styles of watches.
What Watch Brands Does Citizen Own?
Citizen owns some watch brands, including Bulova, Alpina, Arnold & Son, Frederique Constant, and Perrelet. The company also has a joint venture with Swiss watchmaker TAG Heuer. And, each proclaiming its tradition of excellence, the group of companies creates an impressive array of timepieces.
A few of the most popular Citizen watch brands include:
- Bulova: A leader in precision timekeeping, Bulova has been making watches of exceptional quality since 1875. The brand offers a wide range of styles, from classic dress watches to modern sports watches.
- Alpina: Alpina is a Swiss watch brand known for its innovative design and engineering. The brand’s watches are built to withstand the rigors of extreme sports, making them perfect for adventurous spirits.
- Arnold & Son: Arnold & Son is a British watch brand with a long history of crafting timepieces of exceptional beauty and quality. The brand’s watches are known for their intricate details and craftsmanship.
- Frederique Constant: Frederique Constant is a Swiss watch brand that combines traditional watchmaking with modern design. The brand’s watches are elegant and refined, with a touch of contemporary flair.
- Perrelet: Perrelet is a Swiss watch brand with a long history of creating innovative timepieces. The brand’s watches are known for their unique design and high quality.
- TAG Heuer: TAG Heuer is a Swiss watch brand that is known for its cutting-edge design and engineering. The brand offers a wide range of sports and luxury watches, perfect for those with an adventurous spirit.
As one of the world’s leading watch brands, Citizen is committed to creating timepieces of the highest quality. With a focus on craftsmanship and innovation, Citizen’s watch brands offer something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a sophisticated dress watch or a rugged sports watch, you’ll find it within the Citizen family of brands.
A short comparison: Citizen Dive Watches Vs. Seiko Dive Watches
Citizen dive watches are widely known for their reliability and durability, while Seiko is also respected for its quality dive watches. So, which one should you choose?
Here is a quick comparison of Citizen dive watches vs. Seiko dive watches:
- Reliability: Both brands offer reliable dive watches, but Citizen may have an edge in terms of overall reliability.
- Movement: Seiko dive watches use Japanese quartz movements, which are highly accurate. Citizen dive watches, on the other hand, use Swiss quartz movements, which are also known for their accuracy.
- Style: When it comes to style, it is a matter of personal preference. Both brands offer a wide variety of dive watch styles to choose from.
- Price: In terms of price, Seiko dive watches are generally more expensive than Citizen dive watches.
When it comes to choosing a dive watch, two of the main considerations are ‘accuracy and durability. After all, you want a watch that is going to be able to withstand the rigors of diving, as well as keep track of time accurately. In this respect, both Citizen dive watches and Seiko dive watches are excellent choices.
Citizen dive watches are known for their accuracy and durability. Many professional divers choose Citizen dive watches as their primary timepiece. Citizen dive watches use a special technology called Eco-Drive, which allows them to run on light power instead of battery power. This means that they never need to be replaced, and can even be left in the dark for long periods without losing their accuracy.
On the other hand, Seiko dive watches are also known for their accuracy and durability. Seiko dive watches use a different technology, called Kinetic, which also allows them to run on light power. However, unlike Eco-Drive, Kinetic watches need to be manually set up to keep them running. This means that they will need to be serviced more frequently than Citizen dive watches, but many people feel that the extra maintenance is worth it for the increased accuracy and durability.
So, which is the better brand? It depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you are looking for a reliable and accurate dive watch, then either brand would be a good choice. If you are more concerned about style, then you may want to choose a Seiko dive watch. And if you are on a budget, then a Citizen dive watch would be a better option.